The Care Business Awards call up and attract senior level judges from across the care sector. If you are interested in becoming a judge for the 2019 Care Business Awards, please send a short form CV by email to Matthew Davies.
Three Panels will be formed for 2019: one focused on the care home category entries; one on the home care categories; and a third Panel to scrutinise and mark the supplier categories. The search is now on for the 2019 judges.
The Judging Panel for 2018 made use of the experience of some of the judges from 2017 and added new judges, to increase the breadth of industry experience brought to bear on the scrutiny of entries. The Panel included the following:
Alan Rustad, JNJ Media – Chair of Judges and former owner and editor of Care Home Management
Ailsa Colquhoun, Editor, Care Home Management
Mark Danis, Commercial Director, Avery Healthcare
Sanjay Dhrona, Managing Director, Close Care Home
John Eden, Registered Manager, Helme Hall
Zoe Fry (Bates), Director, Valerie Manor
Debbie Harris, Founder, Chosen with Care
David Hefford, Commercial Director, Cornerstone Healthcare
Dana O’Donnell, Interior Design Manager, NHG Group
Sarah Reed, Dementia communications expert through experience, Many Happy Returns
Caron Sanders-Crook, Operations Manager, Canford Healthcare
Alistair White, Marketing Consultant, Care England
Steve Winter, Operations Director, Ganymede Care
Owain Wright, Founder, Care Funding Guidance
All judges voted independently and were not allowed to vote or participate in discussion on any entry with which they had an involvement.
The 2017 Awards the judging panel drew upon the expertise of the following:
- Tristan Brassey, Director, Berwick Care Equipment
- Debbie Harris, Founder, Chosen with Care
- David Hefford, Commercial Director, Cornerstone Healthcare
- Dana O’Donnell, Interior Design Manager, Nursing Hygiene Group
- Alan Rustad, Publisher & Editor, Care Home Management
- Tom Threadgill, Director, Shuttlefish
- Sara Whalley, Director of Operations, NABS Peterhouse
- Alistair White, Marketing Consultant, Care England
- Steve Winter, Operations Director, Ganymede Care Ltd
- Owain Wright, Founder, Care Funding Guidance
The experience and talents for the judging panels for the Care Business Awards will range from association and institutional heads, medical / clinical experts, therapists, key suppliers, marketing, IT and telecommunications providers, to nursing and specialist care experts and others with operations, management or financial expertise.